Here's how I help:
You walk away with ready-for-you brand messaging that all your people, whether they're developers in your community or brand marketers creating outbound content, can rely on.
A brand strategy project includes a branding playbook with the following:
- Brand story
- Customer, contributor, and community personas based on Voice of Customer/Voice of Developer research
- Ready-for-you marketing boilerplate to use on your website, GitHub, ProductHunt, Hacker News, or anywhere else your tech brand shows up
When you lead with inspiration, education, and problem-solving—not marketing gimmicks—you generate the commitment your marketing plans demand.
Commitment to signing up. To championing your product. To not just be a one-off conversion, but a long-term partner.
A website copy project includes:
- Exhaustive research into the real business problems your ideal customers face via competitive research and interviews with internal stakeholders and existing customers
- Copywriting for all of your key pages, including two rounds of revision
- Full coordination with your marketing and/or development teams to properly implement your new messaging
Content strategy & execution
The key is sharing knowledge and leading with education & inspiration, not prattling on about features. Give readers a blueprint for solving relevant problems, and they'll not only recognize your brand as the authority, but also commit to your vision.
A content strategy project includes:
- 3+ months of multi-channel content strategy designed to generate commitment
- Monthly 1-hour sessions to analyze results and identify new opportunities
- Project management assistance for your existing team of content writers
A content creation project might include:
- Owned blog content that's rich in both education and SEO
- Long-form signature content, thought leadership, and category education articles that build trust among inherently skeptical audiences
- eBooks, case studies, and technical documentation to deliver generate commitment everywhere your readers and customers go
Jennifer Briston • Marketing Manager, Netdata
Joel did an amazing job with collaborating on creating the Netdata website. He has a unique skillset of understanding technical products with the ability to translate the value to a wide range of audiences. I'd gladly work with Joel again—he goes out of his way to provide his team support and the materials needed to execute projects.
It was a pleasure working with Joel! Super professional, friendly, and overall delightful to work with. He is really knowledgeable in the tech space with the skills of a great writer, a rare gem.
Joel will go above and beyond your expectations!
Need copy right now? Not ready for a full copywriting project?
The One-Day Commit
A short timeframe can pack a big punch.
The One-Day Commit is perfect if you're a founder or a marketing professional that needs to tap the strategic expertise of a copywriter who understands your unique marketing challenges... right now.
Once you commit to a day, we start with an intake form for you, a survey for your customers/contributors, and a 90-minute call to dial in your goals. I customize the deliverables of your One-Day Committ to those goals, but here's a few examples of what we can do:
- A website copy audit, with suggested improvements, for 5-10 pages
- Website copy for 2-3 pages (homepage, product, about)
- Content for your upcoming Show HN or ProductHunt launch