Here's how I help:
When you lead with inspiration, education, and problem-solving—not marketing gimmicks—you generate the commitment your marketing plans demand.
Commitment to signing up. To championing your product. To not just be a one-off conversion, but a long-term partner.
A website copy project includes:
- Exhaustive research into the real business problems your ideal customers face via competitive research and interviews with internal stakeholders and existing customers
- Copywriting for all of your key pages, including two rounds of revision
- Full coordination with your marketing and/or development teams to properly implement your new messaging
Content strategy & execution
The key is sharing knowledge and leading with education & inspiration, not prattling on about features. Give readers a blueprint for solving relevant problems, and they'll not only recognize your brand as the authority, but also commit to your vision.
A content strategy project includes:
- 3+ months of multi-channel content strategy designed to generate commitment
- Monthly 1-hour sessions to analyze results and identify new opportunities
- Project management assistance for your existing team of content writers
A content creation project might include:
- Owned blog content that's rich in both education and SEO
- Long-form signature content, thought leadership, and category education articles that build trust among inherently skeptical audiences
- eBooks, case studies, and technical documentation to deliver generate commitment everywhere your readers and customers go
You walk away with ready-for-you messages that all your people, whether they're developers in your community or brand marketers creating outbound content, can rely on.
A brand strategy project includes a branding playbook with the following:
- Brand story
- Customer, contributor, and community personas based on Voice of Customer/Voice of Developer research
- Ready-for-you marketing boilerplate to use on your website, GitHub, ProductHunt, Hacker News, or anywhere else your tech brand shows up
Joel did an amazing job with collaborating on creating the Netdata website. He has a unique skillset of understanding technical products with the ability to translate the value to a wide range of audiences. I'd gladly work with Joel again—he goes out of his way to provide his team support and the materials needed to execute projects.
Jennifer Briston • Marketing Manager, Netdata
Need copy right now? Not ready for a full copywriting project?
The One-Day Commit
A short timeframe can pack a big punch.
The One-Day Commit is perfect if you're a founder or a marketing professional that needs to tap the strategic expertise of a copywriter who understands your unique marketing challenges... right now.
Once you commit to a day, we start with an intake form for you, a survey for your customers/contributors, and a 90-minute call to dial in your goals. I customize the deliverables of your One-Day Committ to those goals, but here's a few examples of what we can do:
- A website copy audit, with suggested improvements, for 5-10 pages
- Website copy for 2-3 pages (homepage, product, about)
- Content for your upcoming Show HN or ProductHunt launch